Anna Paquin Squeamish With Blood

Anna Paquin Squeamish With Blood

Tags: Anna Paquin - Stephen Moyer

Anna Paquin says fake blood makes her feel sick.

The 22-year-old actress - who stars in vampire TV series 'True Blood' opposite her fiance Stephen Moyer - admits the worst thing about the programme is the corn syrup used in bloody scenes.

She said: "I get a kick out of it, but the actual blood makes me want to gag! It's some kind of sweet corn syrup, I think, with an aftertaste that's less than pleasant after the 10th take. In season one, they asked me if I wanted sugar or sugar-free. I was, like, 'Sugar-free blood? Sounds great!' Big mistake. Because then it only tastes like the latex tubes it's coming through.

"By the next scene! I was feeding ravenously from Bill's arm, so I drank probably a gallon. Never again!"

Anna also revealed she has no problem with nude scenes and would rather bare all than be given a skimpy costume that barely conceals her body.

She added to Self magazine: "If I had let the oh-God-my-body-is-going-to-be-on-display-all-the-time part of it mess with my head, it would've killed True Blood's chance of being something that made me really happy.

"Oddly, I find the nude scenes to be a lot less stressful than just constantly being very skimpily clad.

"I'm quite comfortable with being naked but spending 18 hours a day wearing little tank tops that could fit a two-year-old and shorts that barely cover my butt? For me that was an adjustment. That said, I never think about it now."

Comments

iamtrue2bill's picture

iamtrue2bill

I don't blame Ms.Paquin at all. I'm sure it would make me gag if I had to gulp a huge amount of a truly sweet liquid. I wonder how much she swallowed in the Longshadow death scene? I agree with her also about the nudity. We really need to get over the whole prurient, voyeuristic, taboo mind-set about nudity in this country. It's really boring!

iamtrue2bill's picture