Deliverance Tyrants Voted Greatest Movie Villains
The two evil mountain men on hit 1972 film Deliverance have been voted the greatest movie villains of all time.
BILL McKINNEY and HERBERT 'COWBOY' COWARD played hillbillies who terrorised a group of canoeing businessmen in rural America in the movie - and 31 years later, their antics have put them at the top of MAXIM magazine's poll of top movie villains.
One of the most memorable scenes is when McKinney's Mountain Man rapes a squealing NED BEATTY - an incident which today is only ever referred to as 'the scene'.
The full top 10 is as follows:
1. THE TWO MOUNTAIN MEN - BILL McKINNEY AND HERBERT 'COWBOY' COWARD IN DELIVERANCE
2. MR BLONDE - MICHAEL MADSEN IN RESERVOIR DOGS
3. MRS ISELIN - ANGELA LANSBURY IN THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE
4. THE TERMINATOR - ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER IN THE TERMINATOR
5. TOMMY DeVITO - JOE PESCI IN GOODFELLAS
6. FREDDY KREUGER - ROBERT ENGLUND IN A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
7. BILL THE BUTCHER - DANIEL DAY-LEWIS IN GANGS OF NEW YORK
8. DEAN WORMER - JOHN VERNON IN ANIMAL HOUSE
9. BRIDGET GREGORY - LINDA FIORENTINO IN THE LAST SEDUCTION
10. HANNIBAL LECTER - ANTHONY HOPKINS IN THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS27/05/2003 02:11