Lindsay Lohan will plead no-contest in her current grand felony theft case to "get it over with".

The 24-year-old actress is due to appear in court on Friday (25.03.11), where her lawyers will reveal if she wants to accept a plea deal over the alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace from an upmarket Californian boutique in January, and her mother Dina says her daughter is just desperate to put the legal process behind her.

Explaining why Lindsay is considering pleading no-contest, Dina said: "Obviously she's not pleading guilty.

"My children don't steal things. But the system is so strange out in Los Angeles. We're considering a couple of options and just want to get this over with in the shortest amount of time.

"Lindsay is up for a couple of film roles, and we want this behind us the quickest way possible. We're speaking with the attorneys tomorrow (22.03.11), and we'll make that decision after we talk."

Lindsay - who entered a not guilty plea in the case last month - has repeatedly insisted she did not steal the necklace, but had been loaned the piece in exchange for publicity, and Dina can't understand why the accusation has been allowed to go so far.

She added to the New York Daily News newspaper: "She was clearly loaned the necklace. And it should already be down to a misdemeanour because the necklace wasn't worth anywhere near what they claimed."

Lindsay - who s currently on probation for a 2007 driving under The Influence conviction - is expected to be sentenced to three months in jail if she accepts a deal and pleads no-contest.

However, it is believed she would serve no longer than three weeks in prison due to overcrowding issues.

If she rejects The Deal and proceeds with her not guilty plea, she will appear in court for a preliminary hearing on April 22 and could be jailed immediately afterwards if she is also found in breach of her probation.