Mariah Carey hopes her 'American Idol' feud with Nicki Minaj will boost the show's ratings and has revealed she felt unsafe and hired more security after it
The 42-year-old songstress - who went head-to-head with the 'Starships' rapper on the judging panel of the show last October, with Nicki at one point threatening to shoot the 'Hero' singer and filming having to be called off - has revealed she felt extremely unsafe after their argument and confirmed she hired extra security after it.
She told Barbara Walters in a new interview with ABC News: ''It felt like an unsafe work environment. Anytime anybody's reeling threats at somebody, you know, it's not appropriate.''
''I'm a professional. I'm not used to that type of environment,'' before revealing that she hired extra body guards because she felt it ''was the appropriate thing to do.''
She added: ''Sitting there on the road with two babies, I'm not going to take any chances.''
Mariah Carey is one of the three new judges to join the reality TV show's judging panel for its new season, which kicks off on January 16.
And the singer admitted that she hopes her battle with Nicki will help to boost the show's ratings.
She said: ''For all the drama, I hope it helps the show.''
Mariah's husband Nick Cannon previously insisted he ''wasn't concerned'' Nicki would be a threat to his wife's safety.
He said: ''I wasn't concerned. That's exactly what you called it - drama. With drama, it's theatrics. I'm not worried about that stuff.
''I wasn't there. It made for good news. It sounded good, right? Good job, Fox!''