Marilu Henner Can Remember Every Day Of Her Life

Marilu Henner - Marilu Henner Can Remember Every Day Of Her Life

Tags: Marilu Henner

Marilu Henner, the 58-year-old American actress appeared on 'The Early Show' today (20th December 2010) where she claimed to be one of only six people in the world who have a rare gift called superior autobiographical memory, reports CBS News. Her 'gift' allegedly allows her to remember every day of her life so far.
Speaking on the show, Henner said, "People talk about this, how people visualize it sort of in a calendar way like calendar pages. For me, the closest thing to it is kind of like selected scenes on a DVD. You know when you see that?" She demonstrated her skill when anchor REBECCA JARVIS gave her the year 1975 at random. Within a matter of seconds, Henner had named the correct days of the week for holidays in that year, saying, "My birthday was on a Sunday that year - that was April 6th. And Christmas was on a Thursday that year. And Thanksgiving was on the 27th that year". The actress said that after researching her talent, she understands that a certain area of her brain is larger than most peoples, and described enquiring the talent as a "combination of nature and nurture".
Henner confirmed that she will be publishing a book detailing her 'gift', entitled "An Unforgettable Life - Yours: Lessons Learned from an Autobiographical Memory".

Comments

krdzine's picture

krdzine

I would definitely call it a curse too. Can never say "I forgot" or it "slipped my mind". Being married to her would also be a nightmare... can't see any mistakes being "left in the past" and remembers every lover she ever had. I remember a ton of details and that drives people bonkers with me... no one likes to be reminded of every little thing.It's like anti-alzheimers.

glenville dude's picture

glenville dude

It is true; the story was on 60 Minutes last night. There was scientific research performed; it's incredible that these people can do this. And it's not just certain days, they can remember EVERY day. I could see it as a gift at times, but a curse at others. They can remember the good times but they also remember bad events very vividly and feel the emotions again and again.

ACohen4010's picture

ACohen4010

Its a gift as long as you have nothing but happiness in your life. But what about tragic events? Who would want to remember those with such absolute clarity...therein lies the curse.

jmart's picture

jmart

THERE IS NO WAY SHE CAN REMEMBER EVENTS FROM EVERY DAY OF HER LIFE! NO WAY!

mely's picture

mely

It is true my daughter Vanessa discovered this autobiograhical memory last year. One day she asked me to test her like asking the Months, Dates and Year for examples what she did that day, what clothes she wore, what food she ate, who did she talk to but 1 thing that I noticed if we fought that particular day she would say I dont remember and she gave me this blank look (maybe she remember it but she refused to be reminded of the bad times that we had together and she wants only to remember the good times. And Marilu Henner was asked how could she remember all these stuff did she memorize it, then she said No all the answers to all the questions are right there in front of her. Same as my daughter she can answer me right away in less than 10 seconds then i ran to the Calendar to check the Month, Date and year and she was 100% correct it gives me a goose bumps everytime we do this and she told me she doesnt need to think because all the answers to all the questions are right there in front of her. (by the way I have only 1 Calendar it is in the kitchen and we do the questions and answers in the living room.

metricking's picture

metricking

A gift? I would call it a curse. Who's got time to reflect like that. So much for living in the now.

poppy1939's picture

poppy1939

Marilu while entertaining has always been a nut.

HarmyG's picture

HarmyG

"enquiring" the talent?

coachvic23's picture

coachvic23

I hope she never forgets how hot she is!!!! Always has been loved by men in their 40's now who watched Taxi for her only.

jmart's picture

jmart

I was originly under the impression that Ms. Henner could recall events and remember activities that occurred on each and every day. What she is doing is math. Very impressive I might add