Brando Speech Tops Movie Lines Poll
Marlon Brando's "I could been a contender" speech in ON THE WATERFRONT has been voted the best movie line ever in a new poll.
Editors at America's Entertainment Weekly put Brando's Terry Malloy monologue at the top of their new Greatest Movie Lines of All Time survey - ahead of lines uttered by Anthony Perkins in Psycho and Dustin Hoffman in THE GRADUATE.
The top 10 are:
1. "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender..." MARLON BRANDO (as TERRY MALLOY) in ON THE WATERFRONT.
2. "We all go a little mad sometimes." ANTHONY PERKINS (as NORMAN BATES) in PSYCHO.
3. "Mrs Robinson, you're trying to seduce me." DUSTIN HOFFMAN (as BEN BRADDOCK) in The Graduate.
5. "She's my daughter! She's my sister..." Faye Dunaway (as EVELYN CROSS) in CHINATOWN.
6. "Open the pod bay doors, HAL." Keir Dullea (as DAVE BOWMAN) in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.