Hucknall's Mother Scuppers Romance

Tags: Mick Hucknall

Mick Hucknall fears he may never find love, because he is still traumatised by his mother abandoning him when he was just three years old.

The SIMPLY RED star admits it deeply affected his perception of women, and believes he will never find a wife - or experience the joys of fatherhood.

He says, "You can't underestimate what an emotional scar a mother leaving would do to somebody. I don't wallow in it and I've not had many dark days, but I've definitely had problems from not having a mother.

"A mother is a huge support to you, especially as a teenager. The insecurity based on not having a mother is quite intense. It's how you deal with it that's the issue."

Comments

redfan's picture

redfan

I AM SORRY I DO NOT STAND IN JUDGEMENT,I AGREE I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND YES THERE IS ALWAYS 2 SIDE OF EVERY STORY.I WISH YOU PEACE.

redcjj's picture

redcjj

redfan.In answer to your comments.You do not know what happened, do not stand in judgement for fear one day you will be judged.

redcjj's picture

redcjj

Unfortunatly not, no matter what I will be here unconditionally I am his Mother and that will never change, as a writer I know a higher power will show him the way, he has the true Irish wit and personality and drive, and tells it just how it is he is just like his late grandfather. He knows what is in his heart and one day the flower will be in full bloom I await with bated breath, I have missed nothing I know his very soulMater

redcjj's picture

redcjj

I am Michael Hucknalls Mother and have tried to have a realtionship with my Son whom I love dearly, but to no avail. I know I can help him he needs jis Mother but is Fathers influence is overiding the help I can give my SonMaureen Yaylor

redcjj's picture

redcjj

redfanThankyou for your reply and understanding, no Mother abandons her child, that I did not do.My Mother took him back to his/our home where his Father lived,as my living conditions were one room.Brit

redfan's picture

redfan

I dont know if you are any relation to Mick,who knows.but you seem a very wise person and totally speak from the heart.Somehow i feel your frustation,passion and hope.Your are very talented in your writing.Take Care

cenick's picture

cenick

I have had the pleasure of knowing Mick's mother and can attest to the fact that she is a very lovely person who loves her son and who will come to the aid of anyone in need. May God bless you Maureen.

6 years 5 days ago

redfan's picture

redfan

have you read simlpy mick? and do you think it paints o true story of what happended,I would be intresed to know

cenick's picture

cenick

I want to retract my earlier comments about Mick's mother. After I really got to know her she is not a nice person after all. I am so glad that I did not move in with her in Texas.

Ashywolf33's picture

Ashywolf33

yes, i kind of know how you feel as a mother, i have 3 children that i had to give up for adoption in 1997,because of an illness, and now my son, who is 18, and his name James Michael,( strange , i know) and im trying to contact him, a mothers bond is never broken,no matter what, its instilled in us ,before they are ever born, so i hope one day mick will come back to youand you can work things out just as i hope my son does. good luck and god bless maggie