Dylan Hit Makes History
The release of Bob Dylan's 1965 hit LIKE A ROLLING STONE has topped a poll of the most revolutionary moments in popular culture.
The influential track has been hailed as the inspiration for many rock and punk artists, and even beat the King Of Rock 'N' Roll Elvis Presley, who came second with his melancholy hit HEARTBREAK HOTEL in the survey of 100 moments in music and movie which "changed the world" compiled by British music magazine Uncut.
Singer and punk poet PATTI SMITH says of Dylan's triumphant track, "It got me through adolescence.
"If at that period you were indifferent, or mentally half-asleep, that song shocked you into existence. he was a mouthpiece for the energy of that time."
The top 10 moments are:
1. BOB DYLAN - LIKE A ROLLING STONE
2. ELVIS PRESLEY - HEARTBREAK HOTEL
3. THE BEATLES - SHE LOVES YOU
4. THE ROLLING STONES (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION
5. A CLOCKWORK ORANGE
6. The Godfather and THE GODFATHER II
7. DAVID BOWIE - THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST
8. Taxi Driver
9. THE SEX PISTOLS - NEVER MIND THE B**LOCKS
10. THE PRISONER05/08/2005 17:27