Jackson's Thriller Video Voted All-Time Best
MICHAEL JACKSON's classic THRILLER video has beaten QUEEN and MADONNA to be crowned the best music promo of all time.
The 1983 horror video - in which the superstar morphs into a werewolf and a zombie - scored more votes than rock group Queen's BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, in fourth, and Madonna's controversial LIKE A PRAYER, in fifth, to top the poll of viewers of British TV network CHANNEL 4.
Animated videos for PETER GABRIEL's 1987 hit SLEDGEHAMMER and Norwegian band A-HA's 1985 tune TAKE ON ME landed second and third places respectively.
Directed by AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON film-maker JOHN LANDIS, Jackson's popular promo was released as a short film and helped his album of the same name to sell more than 60 million copies worldwide.
The greatest pop videos of all-time are:
1. MICHAEL JACKSON - THRILLER
2. PETER GABRIEL - SLEDGEHAMMER
3. A-HA - TAKE ON ME
4. QUEEN - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
5. MADONNA - LIKE A PRAYER
6. ROBBIE WILLIAMS - ROCK DJ
7. MICHAEL JACKSON - BILLIE JEAN
8. THE VERVE - BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY
9. MADONNA - VOGUE
10. NIRVANA - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT.08/02/2005 17:46