Alec Baldwin - Alec Baldwin Will Not Replace Keith Olbermann Confirms Spokesman
Alec Baldwin – Alec Baldwin, the 52-year-old American actor who recently declared his interest in moving into politics, will not be replacing the liberal television host KEITH OLBERMANN on his current affairs show, reports the New York Daily News. Speculation that Baldwin would join MSNBC became rife earlier this week after Olbermann announced that he is to leave his post as presenter of the ‘Countdown’ show.
However, JEREMY GAINES, a spokesperson at the network told the Daily News that the rumours were an “Entertaining report, but not true”. Last Friday (21st January 2011), Olbermann announced that he is to part ways with MSNBC, and Baldwin was immediately recognised as the likely successor. However, the actor’s spokesman MATTHEW HILTZIK also issued a statement that read, “Alec is committed to '30 Rock' through 2012”. The rumours appear to be based on the actor’s suggestion that he would be “very interested” in entering the world of politics. Speaking to CNN’s ‘Eliot Spitzer’ earlier this year, Baldwin said, “People want to believe that someone who deeply cares about the middle class for whatever reason ... would like to seek public office”.
With the actor seemingly out of the running, it is likely that the American political analyst LAWRENCE O’DONNELL, who currently hosts the ‘Last Word’ show on MSNBC, will replace the outgoing Olbermann.