Twilight - Ashley Greene Was Evacuated As Fire Blazed Through Her Home
Twilight star Ashley Greene was sleeping at home when the blaze that wrecked her Los Angeles condo broke out on Friday morning (22Mar13).
Initial reports suggested the actress was not around, but it's now clear Greene, her brother and a boyfriend were fast asleep when an unattended candle set the star's sofa on fire.
They were evacuated and the men then attempted to get back into the burning apartment to rescue the star's two dogs.
One of them died in the blaze and a second was treated for injuries sustained in the fire.
Tmz.com has since obtained grainy photos of Greene cradling her dead dog's remains.
Firefighters quickly arrived at the scene and were able to contain the fire damage to Greene's home in the historical Granville Towers building.