Charlie Chaplin - Dion To Smile In Las Vegas For Jackson

The Charlie Chaplin tune Celine Dion will perform at the Oscars on Sunday (17Feb11) will also feature in her new show in Las Vegas - as part of a tribute to Michael Jackson.
Dion will perform Smile as images of the celebrities and film technicians who have passed away in the last 12 months are flashed onto a screen behind her at the Academy Awards.
But it won't be a one-off performance - Dion, who was part of a tribute to the King of Pop at the 2010 Grammy Awards, will salute the late star during her new Sin City show with the song, a favourite of Jackson's.
She explains, "He changed my life. I saw him on TV and I wanted to sing in English because he was, so and I went to learn English and met with him and I (sang) with him and he came to see the show and he had a big impact on my life."
Jackson's brother Jermaine sang the Chaplin song at the King of Pop's memorial concert in 2009.

Tags: Charlie Chaplin - Celine Dion - Michael Jackson

More Charlie Chaplin

Sacha Baron Cohen Leaves Britannia Award Goers Shocked After 'Killing' Veteran Actress Grace Collington

Sacha Baron Cohen shocks once again by apparently killing 87-year-old actress Grace Collington as he rolls her wheelchair off the stage during his acceptance of...

Comments

corlista's picture

corlista

Thank you, Celine, for remembering and honoring Michael. His creative and humanitarian impact on the world is more than any of us will ever fully realize.

sugarone37's picture

sugarone37

I wanted to thank Mrs.Dion for what she said and how Michael had a impact on her and everybody too and she will sing smile and it is this hard to beleive michael is gone my heart still breaks.karen

RMQ's picture

RMQ

All I can say is "THANK YOU!

ROBMAY's picture

ROBMAY

I feel so grateful any time artists recognize Michael in tribute, I will go to Celines website to thank her.

jacqueline.capucine's picture

jacqueline.capucine

The world loves taht song, MICHAEL JACKSON SANG IT to perfection as he sings every songs to perfection he is so missed.................

Mags Leck's picture

Mags Leck

Thanks to Ms Dion for continuing Michael Jackson's legacy by paying tribute to him in this way. Michael's warm and loving smile was one of his most attractive features, and he continued to display that smile through good times and bad times alike.

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

THANK YOU DION!! For sharing how Michael Jackson made an impact on your life and that you would even learn English to sing with the KING OF POP. THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! THANK YOU FOR REMEMBERING AND KEEPING HIS LAGENCY ALIVE. GOD BLESS.

Charlie Chaplin Newsletter

Subscribe to this news alert service to receive news and reviews on Charlie Chaplin

Unsubscribe | Unsubscribe All