Jackson Book Co-author Threatens To Sue Over Disparaging Comments

Tags: Katherine Jackson - Michael Jackson

Katherine Jackson's new business partner has threatened to sue the executors of the King of Pop's estate for allegedly attempting to discredit the book he has co-authored about Michael Jackson.
The Jackson family matriarch teamed up with Howard Mann to publish a coffee table book called Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives, which went on sale this week (begs21Jun10) to mark the first anniversary of the singer's death (25Jun10).
Mann recently came under fire from a lawyer representing the superstar's estate, insisting the businessman had no right to make money from Michael Jackson's legacy.
Howard Weitzman, an attorney for the Jackson estate, accused him of "using his relationship with Mrs. Jackson to infringe upon Michael Jackson's copyrights" and "exploit any estate assets", vowing to take whatever action is necessary to prevent him from unlawfully profiting".
But Mann's lawyer has fired back in the war of words and is now threatening legal action against the estate officials for bad-mouthing his client's firm and attempting to damage the book's sale potential.
Mann's legal representative tells TMZ.com, "The comments by the lawyers for the Estate of Michael Jackson are designed to create fear and ambiguity and may impede our ability to maximize the profits that Vintage Pop (the publisher) and the beneficiaries of the Estate are entitled to enjoy.
"These actions are torturous interference and will NOT be accepted and will result (in) litigation to recover the damages against our company."

Comments

jacqueline.capucine's picture

jacqueline.capucine

Fighting isn't the answer....MICHAEL JACKSON would not like all this bickering.......We must Concentrate on MICHAEL JACKSON memory, only one year ago , MICHAEL JACKSON was alive, we must be at peace................Ist. of all!!!!!!!!!!! This is MICHAEL JACKSON 'S mother, and she lives in a free country???????? YES!!!!!!!she can do as she pleases, it is her son, her memories.....leave her alone!!!!!!!!!!Let her have her book, though, I don't know how she finds the time to write a book, with so many grand-children in her house.......Where do you find the time Katherine??????Nevertheless, the question should not be there over a book.........this was YOUR son.....you have the right to YOUR OWN MEMORIES, I'm on your side Katherine, it doesn't matter if you write 10 books, he is your son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjlover4life's picture

mjlover4life

Branca & Weitzman conspired to kill Michael so they can have total control. It's a damn shame when a grieving mother can not write a book about her own son. Oh yeah deblacey, you really think this is what Michael wanted. You need to get it together find bhodi & go see that psychiatrist.

joaquina's picture

joaquina

My question is if Howard Mann is being sued over the rights to Michael's legacy Does Katherine get sued as well. She has been given alots of money for this book already. She too is taking from the Estate which is Michael's children. To me the price of the book is a little to pricy for me. Don't sue one person when two people are involved. Shame on you katherine Jackson you should know better. If I didn't know how much you love your son I would think you are making money off his name just like all the others.

girlygirlymormor's picture

girlygirlymormor

thus, here we go again with the lawsuits. Katty's had the reason to, write of her son. if she so choose to do so. I want to read this book. I remember the books written in the past." Pappa Joe's boy" written, by Joseph Jackson I read this in Atlantic city in the 80's, and the book publish, while in excile, by Latoya Jackson, I never did read this, but heard rumor's of its content. I feel that Mother of him has a right to write of her vison's from her persective. i estate Of Jackson is right to protect him estates interest.because, people only want to be u freind, if you r any way involed with the late king of Pop just so that they can say the negative. to hurt Michael, but just remember to his family he was a son, and a father a human being. to the world he was a icon. and the Mother has the process of greif, for her son. Why don't understand. from a woman's point of veiw.WOman Power

mjlover4life's picture

mjlover4life

What is wrong with you joaquina!!! Katherine is his mother! He loves & adores her. He has refered to her as perfection! I'm sure everything that's was good in him he got from her, because he obviously did not get it from his dad. Michael left her 40% of the estate + 40% to his children. Now do you think he would have done this if he felt she was a theif. They're a family & the children's needs are being met. Futhermore Michael is her child that she carried for 9 months cared for until he was old enough to care for himself she has erned the right to use his name if she so please. Picture someone telling me I could not use my child's name. you really need to understand their relationship & do your research before you attack her. Michael loved his mum dearly & never said nothing negative about her. He praised her & spoke negative against Joe. Why are you all trying to disrespect her now. I don't think anyone who trully love & respect Michael would do that. You dis someone that I love , it's like you dissing me. It's obvious that the estate lawyers don't want to attack her. I'm curious to see how they proceed with this suit since Mann is her partner.

Bodhi's picture

Bodhi

We are not living in Neverland anymore. We are living in sue land.Ohm shante.