Michael Jackson - Marlon Jackson Defends Michael Concert Following Brothers' Protests

Tags: Michael Jackson

Marlon Jackson is refusing to dwell on the controversy surrounding the Michael Jackson tribute concert on Saturday (08Oct11), insisting he is focusing on remembering his late brother.
Plans for Michael Forever - The Tribute Concert were unveiled in July (11) by family matriarch Katherine Jackson, but the late star's siblings Jermaine and Randy distanced themselves from the gig in Cardiff, Wales.
They believed the famous family should be focusing on the trial of the King of Pop's doctor, Conrad Murray, which is currently ongoing in Los Angeles, rather than staging the show starring Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera.
Marlon Jackson has now defended the concert, insisting it it the right time to honour the Thriller legend and take the attention away from Murray's court case.
He tells Britain's Independent newspaper, "We respect the decision of Jermaine and the other members of my family (to not attend).
"When you try and please all, you please none. The concert is to honour Michael, to pay tribute to his life and career and remember all the great music he did with The Jacksons and on his own.
"It was good for Mum to get away (from the trial), to take a little breather because they were showing all kinds of images in the court of Michael and she took that hard. So it was good for her to come out here and remember her son..."
Murray is accused of administering the drug that killed Jackson in 2009. He has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

Comments

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

AMEN!!! i AGREE ALSO WITH MARLON & Pegvg: I cant imagine what Katherine, MJ's children and the rest of MJ's family are going through because of this trial and them showing pictures. I don't think I could handle something like this in my family especial if it were my child. MJ WAS AN AWESOME,AWESOME PERSON,ENTERTAINER,HUMANITARIAN BROTHER,SON,AND FATHER. HE DESERVE SO MUCH AND WE NEED TO KEEP HIS LEGACY ALIVE.
1337203560

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

sledge's picture

sledge

For me. MJ will be the greatest of all! May God continue to rest his soul. Luv u, Mike!

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

justice4MJ's picture

justice4MJ

reniatko's picture

reniatko

I have never liked Marlon Jackson it's something about this man, he is the lless talented member of Jackson 5 who was always copying Michael and was always very jelous of Michael. How can he say "it's the right time to take the attention away from the murr( of course LAZY MORON) than the justice for his beloved brother Michael . Marlon you are a stupid jerk!!If he wants some money why doesn't he find a job and stop usinig Michael's name to get money off Michael's name. He is such a an ASSHOLE!

justice4MJ's picture