Mccartney And Mills Gagged

Tags: Sir Paul McCartney - Heather Mills

Sir Paul McCartney and his estranged wife Heather Mills have been banned from discussing their divorce proceedings with the media, after a judge slapped them with a gagging order. The former couple began the battle over their financial settlement at London's High Court on Monday (11Feb08), where ex-glamour model Mills is said to be representing herself in her fight for a share of the singer's estimated $1.65 billion (GBP825 million) personal fortune. Mr Justice Bennett imposed the court order at the beginning of the hearing to prevent details of their divorce settlement being leaked to the media. A court source says, "The judge made it clear at the start of proceedings that the hearing was being held in private and that all evidence should remain strictly confidential. All parties were warned about leaking information. "Anyone caught revealing confidential details of the court hearing, set to last five days, is likely to be found in contempt of court and fined." But the settlement details may never reach the public domain unless one of the parties involved objects to the final decision and takes the case to the Court of Appeal. MCCartney and Mills, who have four-year-old daughter Beatrice together, split in May 2006 after four years of marriage.

Comments

njmralo's picture

njmralo

will the press ever give up????r e s p c t, find out what it means to sir Paul!nj

RNBSN's picture

RNBSN

I do not thnk Paul minded the gag order as you do not hear much from him anyway. It is Mills that has to blab in an effort to gain public sympathy.I do not see how she can justify the amount of $$ she is trying to get. Also, her boyfriend needs to come forward in Paul's behalf. I would just like to see fairness.

kelli32's picture

kelli32

I agree. Paul, being the kind of person who isn't too keen on discussing his private affairs should have no problem with this. Mills, having no respect for Paul or any self respect will hate not having all the attention on herself. By the way, Who in the ___ shot the photo of Sir Paul leaving in his car? Talk about invasion of privacy! I can't imagine that he gladly gave permission for that picture to be taken. I cannot wait until all this crap is over for him. Then again, it won't be "over" in many ways for him for a long time.

janisjlives's picture

janisjlives

I agree with what has already been said she doesn't have any respect for Paul or herself I truly believe she wanted Paul's money all along. In all the years we have known Paul through two wives how come neither of them spoke of him the way she does she makes me sick.

dsachulz6's picture

dsachulz6

I agree with everyone else on the board concerning MUCCAS lack of self respect and respect for Paul. I kind of hope she opens her big fat mouth again and is found in contempt. I also believe that Mr. Steel should address the court as to the motives ms mills shared with him. it WOULD be the right thing to do.

njmralo's picture

njmralo

i hear Mill$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ tried to by a ticket to hell in a handbasket, but they didnt want her either.they are all chanting"liar, liar, pantz on fire"njmarloceocelestialproductionsinc.com a not for profit business