Paris Jackson Calls Michael's Childhood Masks 'Stupid'

Tags: Michael Jackson

Paris Jackson has spoken out about the infamous masks that her father, the late Michael Jackson, used to make her and his other two children wear during public appearances until the time of his death in 2009. Paris, alongside brothers Prince Michael and Blanket, wore masks that covered most of their facial features throughout their young lives, and it's only now that one of them has sought to reflect on it in public.

Jackson was appearing on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' when she admitted to finding the masks, "stupid", saying "I'm like, 'This is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?'" However the 13 year-old went on to clarify her feelings, explaining further "But I kind of realised the older I got, he only tried to protect us and he'd explain that to us too." Indeed, it would seem that her father's overzealous parenting in fact worked out as intended, with the youngster admitting she wasn't really recognised upon attending her first proper school "I do have like a regular childhood. I mean, I'm treated the same," she said "When I came to [my new school] they didn't know who I was. I was like, 'Yes, I have a chance to be normal.'"

Paris has also recently been in the news after signing up for her first acting role in the forthcoming film 'Lundon's Bridge and The Three Keys', a film that's expected to be released sometime in 2013.

Comments

vanessalittle's picture

vanessalittle

I assume if the headlines had of just said Paris, spoke about her childhood, it probably wouldn't get many hits. It's a shame the way their words always gets twisted......

3 years 1 month ago

ridethelightning's picture

ridethelightning

I love (not) how the headlines of these articles deliberately try to mislead. It's only when you read the whole article that you get the full context. Paris has spoken about this before, how wearing the masks wasn't always comfortable, but that she understood why they did it - and it seems to have worked. For the children of the most famous man on the planet, no one really knew what they looked like and they often went out without their dad, before he died, without any masks on and were never recognised.

3 years 1 month ago

starlight250's picture

starlight250

I agree, it is sad how these articles are written. Michael did the best he could, and wanted so desperately for his kids to have a normal life, one he could never have while alive.

3 years 1 month ago

Murphys Law's picture

Murphys Law

I don’t mean to sound dramatic but this producer she’s signed up with is very shady. Her brothers are trying to discourage her from making this film. Paris Jackson also met Julian Rouas in August for the Jackson Tribute Perfumes … another sordid venture that went down the toilet. The road to fame is paved with hard knocks and sleazy characters like Julian Rouas and Stephen Sobisky. See the photos … Google up: " The Jackson Tribute Fragrances"

3 years 1 month ago

njmralo's picture

njmralo

give it up on the fragrance rap, its boring. how much doe they pay you to put it in every comment????

3 years 1 month ago

rosemary moly gomes's picture

rosemary moly gomes

Parice Dear....don't talk much in front of media....It's not so friendly all time...Love you Dear.

3 years 1 month ago

Tom Joy's picture

Tom Joy

moly molly she really doesn't need advice from you she did great. Yellow journalism is always going to be yellow journalism and they are never going to stop using sensationalized headlines; that's all they know how to do. They can't write really good articles anymore.

3 years 1 month ago