Pirate Fans Call For Depp + Bloom To Go Gay

Fans of magazine gossip are campaigning for Pirates Of The Caribbean co-stars Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp to star in a gay love scene together. When readers of America's Jane magazine were asked who they'd cast as homosexual lovers in a Brokeback Mountain sequel, they unanimously gave the movie pirates their vote. Depp has already admitted his Pirates of the Caribbean character, CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW, has a gay quality about him, insisting his research suggested many pirates were bisexual. In one recent interview, the movie hunk said, "Pirates went to sea for years at a time. You're lonely... you have an extra ration of rum... 'Cabin boy!'" The Jane summer (06) poll also asked readers to vote for the 'Celeb who'd make a great politician' (Angelina Jolie) and the 'Star whose closet you'd like to raid' (Sienna Miller). Readers also voted George Clooney as the 'Older man you want to get stuck in an elevator with at the Chateau Marmont (Hollywood hotel)' and Johnny Knoxville as the 'Guy you're most ashamed to admit you have a crush on.'

Tags: Pirates Of The Caribbean - Orlando Bloom - Johnny Depp - Brokeback Mountain - Angelina Jolie - Sienna Miller - George Clooney - Johnny Knoxville

More Pirates Of The Caribbean

Disney Delays The Release Of 'Pirates Of The Caribbean 5' Until Summer 2016

Johnny Depp and co. won't be back on screen in their finest swashbuckling attire for longer than first anticipated, as it has been revealed that...

Johnny Depp's 50 Years Of 'Scissorhand' Successes And 'Lone Ranger' Failures

The Lone Ranger, not so much Johnny Depp's part in it, has been ravaged by critics worldwide. The star turned 50 on June 9th this...

Pirates Of The Caribbean - On Stranger Tides Soundtrack

Trying to follow Johnny Depp and his companions who were (never thought I'd say this about Johnny) definitely too close to me, as my head...

Comments

my two cents's picture

my two cents

piratelady, being "all man" means being secure with your sexuality -- gay, straight or bi. Johnny has already played a transvestite and we all know he's a baby-making hetero. If you were an actress and would never play a lesbian, then you're just a common uptight c-u-n-t who will never be with a "real man" and will probably have to settle for second best. I wouldn't be surprised if you've been divorced already. I pity your lack of class and artistic sensibility.

my two cents's picture

my two cents

Great idea, although history tells us that when men do things with men at sea, it's usually just because they're horny -- not true homosexuals. When they hit port the first thing they do is find females. So, I hope they can play their roles in that manner, they can show affection towards each other, but not make them into full-on lovers. Like men in prison, they may "partner" themselves with a favorite buddy and each sorta love each other, but if they had their way most would prefer to be with a woman. I wonder if middle America is grown up enough to understand this complex part of human behavior in a movie?

my two cents's picture

my two cents

Great idea! But in reality when guys at sea do homo stuff it doesn't mean they're gay, just horny. Anyone who reads literature about pirates knows that this stuff went on, but it wasn't out in the open. Once the men hit shore the true heteros would seek out the first females they could find. I'm ex Navy and the stuff still goes on -- men can have an experience or two with a guy to get off, and it does not mean they're all of a sudden gay. Just like when two women have sex with each other because their boyfriend or husband wants her to, doesn't mean she's a lesbian. Anyone who thinks this role for Depp and Bloom is a bad idea has no artistic sensibility and no knowledge of history. And you know what they say, "the people who are the most homophobic are probably the repressed, latent homosexuals." So true.

my two cents's picture

my two cents

Hmm. Interesting. Everybody knows that men at sea often have homo sex, but it doesn't make them gay just horny. These two actors are well-known heteros, so it wouldn't hurt their career but rather make them more kewl to play such a role.

my2centsworth's picture

my2centsworth

I guess you haven't heard of The Libertine, Depp's last movie. In the movie he play a bisexual aristocrat that dies of an STD. Check into it if you don't believe me.

nergis's picture

nergis

oh nooooo :S:S:S:S certainly it's a veyr bad idea!!the spectre will be unbreable(but im sure that depp is succes in the all films..)

Piratelady46's picture

Piratelady46

Ewwww, NO, NO, NO. Captain Jack is alll man as far as I am concerned and he should get Elizabeth away from William but NO, NO, No love scenes between the guys. IcK!

lexonallama's picture

lexonallama

Re: Depp & Bloom to Go GaySome just have to take what is beautiful and trash it!I believe the way Johnny Depp has proven himself to be his own man, is selective about the kind of parts he will take, and is simply a decent human being, he will never consent to being in a garbage role that requires him to be gay. He loves his "wife" and his children too much to do something like that, and last but not least, he loves his fans and he is a really decent person. Besides, Brokeback Mountain totally sucked!In "Pirates of the Caribbean", Johnny played the part of a free-spirited, flamboyant pirate whose life was the sea, but had his share of women (evident by the women who slapped him). Orlando was involved with a woman. Get over the gay thing. It will never happen!

O.M.G's picture

O.M.G

get over yourself my two cents, people are allowed to have their opinions, if they dare to be different to yours they dont deserve to be called crass names and insulted, I pity YOUR lack of class and artistic sensibility. People just dont want to see the characters Jack and Will in a gay love scene but thats not to say they should never think about doing it in other films in their careers, as has been said johnny has already done it and i am sure he would again if the role called for it, personally i wouldnt want to see Jack and Will in a steamy clinch, it would ruin the fun of POTC for me!

Crista's picture

Crista

All I have to say to all of this is NO NO

Pirates Of The Caribbean Newsletter

Subscribe to this news alert service to receive news and reviews on Pirates Of The Caribbean

Unsubscribe | Unsubscribe All