Rare Jackson Portrait Up For Auction

Tags: Michael Jackson

The only portrait Michael Jackson ever sat for is set to go under the hammer in an online auction.
Australian painter/sculptor Brett-Livingstone Strong persuaded the Thriller hitmaker to pose for him in 1990 - the one time Jackson ever sat for an artist's rendering.
The picture - which depicts Jackson sat in a fantastical room holding a book and wearing a frilled velvet jacket - was sold to Japanese businessman Hiromichi Saeki for a $2.1 million (£1.4 million) the same year (90).
The artwork was then acquired by toy inventor Marty Abrams in 1992 as payment for a debt owed by Hiromichi - and now Abrams is ready to sell the painting.
He has listed the item on internet site eBay.com in an auction which will end on 12 April (10).
Abrams claims the portrait was valued at $5.3 million (£3.5 million) in 2000, but is expected to bring in even more at auction following the superstar's death last June (09).
He says, "I've had it an awful long time. With the positive response to his music and the movie about him after his death, we thought it was a good time to sell it and for the world to see it."

Comments

gayat1's picture

gayat1

Interesting portrait. Michael is immortalized in so many countless ways. It is amazing to me how much people love him I mean he had something about himself.... we all know that. On the other had he had this super bad addiction that he hid for a long time..... It's all so conflicted.. Fans are defensive about it too...... We do not want to remember that part of MJ. We push all of our hatred onto the Doctor because that somehow gives us someone to blame and allows us to forget that MJ was an addict... instead we regard him as a victim... What a tragic tragic mess! MJ would not let anyone intervene or help him. Tha last person that helped him was Lisa Marie....

jacqueline.capucine's picture

jacqueline.capucine

Elizabeth Taylor was MICHAEL JACKSON best friend.....................God Bless Her............

mjlover4life's picture

mjlover4life

It would have been really nice of contact music to show us the picture, don't you all think so instead of us having to look for it in different places. I wish that I could afford it...MJ was so gorgeous. I don't think of MJ as a drug addict. He was tortured by so many & he just needed some thing to take away the pain. Besides that, I think he knew that he was different & he had a hard time finding people that trully understood him inside. I think that he was hurt & taken advantage of so much that at the end he didn't know who to trust or who would trully be there for him without wanting any thing in return. I think a lot of his fans see him like a God & thinking about the drugs make him human. I still pray that God would turn back the clock so I can save him. Reguardless what MJ's drug habit was, he hired Murray to keep him safe while taking the propofol. Murray needs to also pay for all of the pain he has caused the Jackson family & all of the fans.

eiddep12's picture

eiddep12

We are offended, because of all the mis information that is being touted as facts. Since you were not being vicious, I will not blame you. I will try and remember that the lies and stigma attached to Michael Jackson, comes from years of conditioning through a bais American media. I won't blame you, because you're not a Fan, and therefore, would not have taken the time to know the man who was Michael Jackson; but I will state this fact, as many of us MJ Fans know them to be. Michael Jackson told the world that he was entering rehab for his dependency or addiction for prescription meds a long time ago, it's on youtube, so even the 13 year old fans can't be in denial about that. There's no mystery to loving Michael Jackson, as a Fan I wasn't given any special keys, passes or rights to what many refer to as the church of Michael Jackson, inferring worship, which is ridiculous. What separate me from you is the willingness to uncover the truth in the midst of controversy as pertained to Michael Jackson, or could it just be that I care.GOOGLE (What did happen to Michael Jackson part 3)

mjlover4life's picture

mjlover4life

eiddep12: I remember Michael saying not read the media-bloids. I never heard Michael say that he was an addict. I only heard Elizbeth Taylor say that he had a problem with prescription drugs. "Problem with prescription drugs", doesn't substantiate addiction. I wasn't with MJ, none of us were, therefore we really don't know wether he had an addiction or not. I know this much about the "This Is It Tour," AEG, or anyone/ company would not have invested their time & money on Michael Jackson if they thought that he was an addict, plus pass the physical for the insurance. Please do not pass judgement on our beloved MJ. Now I'm sure that you or a 13 year old can comprehend this message. Stop listening & beleiving he say, she say, instead get the info from the hores' mouth.

mjlover4life's picture

mjlover4life

I wanted to add that when all this came out is was around the time of molestation accusations & MJ was due to finish out his tour, but he ended up canceling. I thought that was a good excuse or reason to cancel out a tour. I'll never see MJ as being an addict unless I hear it from him. The public can be so gulable.