Eagerly awaited Metroid Prime arrives on NINTENDO GAMECUBE, with classic action heroine Samus in her latest adventure since Super Metroid on SNES. This first person action adventure has already received rave reviews in the US, and topped the reader's most wanted lists at IGN.com for months prior to release. Enjoy this action packed adventure with Samus Aran, seen here for the first time in 3D, as she morphs into a ball, navigates small tunnels, rides half-pipes, magnetic tracks and more. Take advantage of Samus's many powers using new suits that enable her to gain new abilities and access other areas and uncover hidden secrets. Master Samus' 4 visors - combat, scan, thermal and x-ray, and remember this is crucial to your success! Explore each beautifully detailed world to find many familiar weapons, such as the Wave Beam, Ice Beam, along with some exclusive all-new ones. This is a traditional Metroid style adventure with numerous massive boss figures throughout. Receive 100% in this adventure and not only do you see Samus remove her helmet and reveal her true identity but you also see an exclusive clip - only for the dedicated gamer! The game also features many original link-up opportunities with the Game Boy Advance title, Metroid Fusion.
Samus first stopped the evil Space Pirates and Mother Brain from amassing an army of Metroids on the planet Zebes. Then she was called on to finish the job on SR388, ultimately ridding the universe of all but a single Metroid larva. In Super Metroid, for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Samus thwarted Mother Brain's attempt to snatch the captive Metroid larva from the scientists on Ceres. Now, Samus is once again called to investigate Space Pirate activities on the unexplored Tallon IV. Her adventure begins as she enters a mysterious derelict spaceship.
1. Traverse a crippled spaceship and explore the vast worlds of Tallon IV in an all-new first-person perspective!
2. Take advantage of Samus's many powers using new suits that enable her to gain new abilities and revisit earlier worlds to uncover many hidden secrets.
3. Master Samus's combat, scan, and visors - elements crucial to your success.
4. Explore each area to find many familiar weapons, such as the Wave Beam and Freeze Beam, and some all-new ones as well.
5. Choose the right weapon or ability carefully for the situation at hand. Samus will need to use all of the suit and visor abilities as well as many specialized weapons to navigate deadly Tallon IV!