Tragic socialite Peaches Geldof died after taking heroin, it was confirmed on Thursday (01May14).
In chilling echoes of her mother Paula Yates' death from a heroin overdose at home in 2000, Geldof was found slumped on a bed at her house while her baby son was in the property.
Her husband, Thomas Cohen, told officials how he had discovered his wife sprawled on a bed in the spare room of their mansion in Kent, England, with one foot on the floor.
He had gone to the home thinking his wife was asleep, but after finding her body and realising she was dead, he called to their 11-month-old son Phaedra and then asked his mother to phone the emergency services.
A post mortem was inconclusive but the results of toxicology tests were revealed at an inquest on Thursday, where officials stated that traces of heroin were found in Geldof's blood at a level which meant it was "likely" to have contributed to her death.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham told the hearing in Gravesend, Kent, "Recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death."
Geldof's body was found on 07 April (14) but her last known contact - with a friend via phone - was at 7.45pm the night before (06Apr14). Her pal has told investigators Geldof was her normal self during the conversation and had been planning a family outing the following weekend.
It also emerged at the hearing that Geldof's father, Live Aid hero Bob Geldof, had officially identified her body at a mortuary following the tragedy.
North West Kent Coroner Roger Hatch adjourned the inquest until 23 July (14).
Geldof's family was not in court for the hearing.
GWAR frontman Dave Brockie died of a heroin overdose Other celebs who have passed away from the drug It was recently announced that frontman of...