Prince Drops Rude Songs

Prince Drops Rude Songs

Tags: Prince - Purple Rain - Cream

Pop icon Prince has vowed never to sing 50 of his own songs again, because of their explicit content. The Purple Rain hitmaker, who became a Jehovah's Witness six years ago (00), has removed songs including Cream and GET OFF from his live repertoire, and insists there is enough music containing vulgar language already. He says, "You can't push the envelope any further than I've pushed it. So stop. "What's the point? So much of what we see on TV and hear on the radio is debased. I will not add to that."

Comments

DannyHaszard's picture

DannyHaszard

Please Prince,we love you and don't want you falling into the same Jehovah Witness trap as Michael Jackson.

9 years 2 weeks ago

MikeRoger's picture

MikeRoger

It's good that Prince wants to take the high road,but he should investigate his religion as Jehovah's Witness suffer from the same sins as everybody else.

9 years 2 weeks ago

NonnyL's picture

NonnyL

Thank You, Prince, for realizing music should promote the beauty in life--not the seamy underside. Most of what the youth of our nation hears these day, be it in the news, in comedy, or in music focuses on the negative. Rather than brightening our days and lifting our moods, the constant barrage tears down the human spirit. More and more people are turning to artificial mood elevators. Antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs are commonplace because so many people find it hard to get through their daily lives. Prince, you are a great talent and I've enjoyed your works over the years. The message you're sending out here gives me hope of much to look forward to!

9 years 2 weeks ago

ksx's picture

ksx

Prince and MJ are equally unique individuals.....I dont know why people look down upon beind different as a bad thing. And MJ was a Jehovah's Witness as a child, not now. I don't see anything wrong with that either...There isn't anything wrong with being unconventional. Almost all artists are. Good for Prince...I've never been a fan but I respect the guy.

9 years 2 weeks ago

T Dog's picture

T Dog

Good! I think it's cool that he's not doing those kinds of songs any more. I went to a Prince concert back in 1985 and it was great! But now i can take my 11 and 9 year old kids to see him(both want to be musicians)and not worry about him performing explicit songs. I have been a fan of Prince for years and i think he is one of the greatest performers ever! He and Michael Jackson. To bad they never made a song together. Hey, maybe it's not to late. What do you all think? Woukd you like to see it happen? You know Michael will come back sooner or later. I think it would still be awesome!

LSwinford's picture

LSwinford

Personally, I'm glad he's stopping the crude crud. The excellent musician he is no longer needs the shock in order to awe his fans.While I'm no fan of the Jehovah's Witnesses, they were not the ones to ruin Michael Jackson (as noted above), Jackson did plenty all by himself. The JW are nothing like Jackson. Prince was getting pretty cool and mellow anyway, so I doubt that his association with the JW will result in any radical changes beyond cleaning things up a tad, this being a case in point. You have to admit, even Madonna admitted that some of her past was 'over the top' now that she's personally matured.

9 years 2 weeks ago