Veteran rockers THE Rolling Stones have been named the top earning music act of 2007.
The band made $88 million (GBP44 million) between June 2006 and June this year (07), largely from their Bigger Bang tour which grossed $437million (GBP218.5 million).
Rapper Jay-Z came second on the list by U.S magazine Forbes, with a total income of $83 million (GBP41.5 million).
Pop superstar Madonna ranked third with total earnings of $72 million (GBP36 million).
The top ten is as follows:
1. The Rolling Stones - $88 million (GBP44 million)
2. Jay-Z - $83 million (GBP41.5 million)
3. Madonna - $72 million (GBP36 million)
4. Bon Jovi - $67 million (GBP33.5 million)
5. Sir Elton John - GBP53 million (GBP26.5 million)
6. Celine Dion - $45 million (GBP22.5 million)
7. Tim MCGraw - $37 million (GBP18.5 million)
8. 50 Cent - $33 million (GBP16.5 million)
9. U2 - $30 million (GBP15 million)
10. P Diddy - $23 million (GBP11.5 million)
Some sad news has come from the world of music today, with the announcement that Ian McLagan, keyboardist with British rock legends the Faces and...
Bobby Keys, the legendary saxophone player who performed with a number of big names including The Who, John Lennon and The Rolling Stones died on...