Slash Planned Jackson Duet

Slash Planned Jackson Duet

Tags: Slash - Michael Jackson

Rocker Slash was lining up Michael Jackson to feature on his solo album when the singer suffered a fatal cardiac arrest.
The former Guns N' Roses star previously teamed up with the King of Pop to record guitar solos on a handful of his tracks - and he regrets not asking Jackson to return the favour by singing on his first solo project.
Jackson died on 25 June (09) - just days before he was due to launch his This Is It comeback shows in London.
Slash says, "When I was thinking about who I wanted to work with, Michael crossed my mind. I thought about doing something that would see him totally cross over into rock.
"But it was around this time last year and he was flat-out rehearsing for the London O2 gigs so in the back of my mind I thought, 'He's not going to have the time.' It's hard to believe he's gone."
And Slash admits he is still angry about how the superstar was treated by the public after his child molestation scandal - despite his acquittal at a 2005 trial.
He adds, "There was this whole eight or nine-year period in the States where he was cast out. I like to believe he was innocent of the stuff he was accused of. He was acquitted and yet he was totally ostracised. Then he died and you had people crying in the streets. Bulls**t. It really hasn't hit home that he's gone yet."

Comments

jacqueline.capucine's picture

jacqueline.capucine

Slash you and MICHAEL ha a great concert years ago, you were good........in the concert, you sure did play a mean guitar......

lmiky's picture

lmiky

Well you never know what you have until it's gone---human nature.Now we long for MICHAEL but we can never have him back.Lets carry on with his message by loving and protecting our planet.I miss MICHAEL very much.

mjlover4life's picture

mjlover4life

I don't know if I'm bugging out or what, but even though it's almost a year since Michael's death, like Slash I still can't beleive that he is gone. I just happened to be on Youtube.com yesterday & saw this video saying that he's coming back on the 25th. Of course I'm wishing that it's true, but I know it's not. How am I supposed to deal with his death & move on when it just doesn't seem real. It's really sad all that Michael had to go throug for it to all end in tragedy. There are some really discusting people in this world. I love you most Michael.

gayat1's picture

gayat1

true that.....The only way to take down someone like MJ was to accuse him of being a pedophile....its the only type of accusation that is bad for a man and if someone wants to take you down this is the seed to plant to have people doubt you,revile you or whatever it is that people do when they believe smears or when you are acquitted yet they do not value the courts decision. It is almost like they want to beleive that MJ was a pedophile. I 4 one did not believe it and waited to hear from Michael himself. However since MJ was and is a part of my life, my generation and psyche (we r only 6 months apart in age.) I related to him and his troubles. All in all MJ just wanted to matter..to us..to the planet..to his children. MJ you mattered like no other and I love you dearly and cry to this day when I think about you. I am soooo sorry...It really is hard to go on w/o you on this planet yet I must and I know you would say so too...I just wish you were here...my pied piper is gone....gayais@gmail.comwww.akeenmind.wordpress.comgayat1 on MJ tribute portrait get your free dot...

beagleladywv's picture

beagleladywv

Michael seemed to love working with Slash and they seemed to understand each other. The only thing Slash said that bothers me is "I like to think he was innocent." instead of, "I know Michael Jackson would NEVER have done what he was accused of." He was your friend. Take a stand, Slash, and stop the fence riding.If there is a lesson in this, it is not to put off, even for a day, what you want to do in life. Live your dreams, tell people you love them. Life is so fragile and can end in an instant- or with the prick of a needle when all you wanted was rest.Michael was a treasure from God to the world and the media destroyed him. All he ever wanted was to create great music and dance and to make a difference on the planet. He lived under a microscope from the time he was a child. Can you imagine living that way- your every move or decision scrutinized on a daily basis? He had to be a lion in spirit to have survived the onslaught he endured the last 15 years of his life.He was too good for this world. Our society is in trouble when all it wants is to relentlessly, and systematically, destroy a human being. Thank you Michael Jackson for all you gave to us and for always showing love when you were not.

Bodhi's picture

Bodhi

Words from the same guy who said that he didn't like "Black Or White". That it was gay. Nice. Ohm shante.