Conrad Murray - Conrad Murray cried upon hearing AEG trial verdict

Tags: Katherine Jackson - Katherine


Conrad Murray cried when he heard AEG Live were not found liable for Michael Jackson's death by a jury.

The disgraced physician - who is currently serving a jail sentence for the involuntary manslaughter of the King of Pop, who died in June 2009 from acute Propofol intoxication - got emotional when he discovered the concert promoter had been absolved of blame on Wednesday (02.10.13) in the unlawful death trial Michael's mother Katherine_jackson">Katherine Jackson brought against them.

Although Brandon Keith Phillips, President and CEO of AEG Live - the company which own the Staples Center in Los Angeles and The O2 Arena in London - gave evidence in October 2011 during Murray's trial the doctor feels there was information which was ''suppressed'' that has come to light in this civil case that change the interpretation of the singer's death.

During a a phone interview from Los Angeles County Jail on NBC's 'Today' show on Thursday (03.10.13), Murray said: ''I cried because for once the world was allowed to hear some of the facts as it pertained to this matter - a lot of facts that have been suppressed, much of which I was denied and my attorneys could not present during my criminal trial.

''I was very relieved that at least the world had a chance of hearing some of the facts.''

A jury, comprising of six men and six women, in Katherine's billion dollar wrongful death lawsuit determined that AEG Live did not hire

Murray knowing he was unsuitable to care for Michael or was administering Propofol for insomnia on a nightly basis as the pop superstar rehearsed for his 'This Is It' concert residency in London.

Stanley Mosk Courthouse officials announced the jury, who began deliberating last Thursday (26.09.13), had reached a verdict approximately one hour before it was read out in the Los Angeles court at 3:30pm.

A unanimous verdict was not required in the case. Only nine of the 12 jurors had to agree.

Murray was sentenced to four years for his role in the 'Thriller' singer's death but it was recently revealed that he would be released early on October 28 due to his good behaviour behind bars.