Liam Payne - Liam Payne rushes to hospital after blaze at London flat
Liam Payne rushed to hospital after a fire broke out on his balcony at his London flat leaving a friend injured on Monday night (02.09.13).
Liam Payne rushed to hospital after a blaze at his flat left a friend injured on Monday night (02.09.13).
The 20-year-old One Direction star's balcony at his £2million flat, located in Canary Wharf, London, caught light and an unknown male suffered 20 degree burns to his hands and face when something went wrong with the heater.
A source close to Liam told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''His friend went to fill up the gas for a heating lamp, there was some sort of accident and the whole balcony went up in flames.''
Two other people are also said to have suffered burns, meanwhile it is believed Liam was in the kitchen when the incident took place and remains unharmed.
An ambulance and fire brigade was called at 9.45pm and it took 35 firefighters to put out the fire which has since destroyed Liam's balcony.
Station Manager Laurie Kenny, who was at the scene said: ''Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible. About 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured.''
Ali, a resident who lives two floors below, witnessed a man running out of the building screaming after residents were evacuated.
He said: ''We were evacuated downstairs in the lift. Then a guy ran out with a cloth on his hands screaming. I didn't get a look at him.
''There was a guy who had burnt his face who was being helped by the emergency services. I didn't see his face but he was quite a tall guy.''