Philip Seymour Hoffman - Philip Seymour Hoffman's autopsy inconclusive
Philip Seymour Hoffman's autopsy has been deemed inconclusive and more tests will be carried out by the New York City medical examiner's office to determine his exact cause of death.
Philip Seymour Hoffman's autopsy has been deemed inconclusive.
More tests will be carried out on the body of the 'Capote' star, who was found dead in his apartment in New York's West Village from an apparent heroin overdose on Sunday (02.02.14), to determine his exact cause of death.
The New York City medical examiner's office told People.com that there was no timetable for the autopsy to be completed.
A police source previously said that the actor, who sought treatment in rehab in May 2013 after 23 years of sobriety, was found with a syringe in his arm and his apartment reportedly contained as many as 70 packets of heroin.
The actor's funeral is set to take place on Friday (07.02.14) and the marquees of New York's Broadway theatres will be dimmed for one minute at 7:45 p.m. tonight (05.02.14) in his honour.
Philip was desperate to clean up his life before his death.
A source close to Robert Vineberg, one of the four people arrested in the city on Tuesday night (04.02.14) in connection with the 46-year-old star's death, told gossip website TMZ.com that Philip regularly sent text messages about his desire to get sober.
The insider also said that the Oscar-winner always looked unhappy.