Tyler Perry Pens Comeback Movie For Diana Ross

Tyler Perry - Tyler Perry Pens Comeback Movie For Diana Ross

Tags: Tyler Perry - Diana Ross

Actor/director Tyler Perry is desperate to work with Diana Ross on her big screen comeback, and has penned a movie especially for the Motown legend.
Ross made a successful transition from singing to acting in 1972, when she played Billie Holiday in Lady Sings the Blues, a film which garnered the star a Best Actress Academy Award nomination.
The former Supremes icon has not acted since 1999, when she appeared in TV movie Double Platinum alongside singer Brandy - but Perry hopes to change that.
He has written a leading role for the superstar in another music-focused film - and insists he will not shoot the project until Ross agrees to come onboard.
When asked who his perfect co-star would be, he tells Hollyscoop.com, "Diana Ross. I have the perfect role for her. And I haven't shot that movie yet because I'm waiting for her to say yes.
"It's a jazz movie set in the 1940s, and (Ross) would play a jazz singer who runs a juke joint (music venue), and I just wish she would do it."

Vigil for Bobbi Kristina Brown will Be Open to the Public

As Bobbi Kristina Brown continues to fight for her life at Emory University Hospital, her family remains at her side in a solemn vigil. On...

Gone Girl Trailer

Nick Dunne finds himself at the fore of a police investigation when his wife Amy mysteriously goes missing on their fifth wedding anniversary. He has...

Gone Girl Trailer

Nick and Amy Dunne are a couple whose marriage is struggling following the loss of Nick's journalism job and their subsequent move away from New...

Comments

powerful's picture

powerful

I love Ms Ross, But I think we need to put another Supreme in the spot ligth, Ms Mary Wilson, this lady has been touring the world doing the Stormy Weather Project by author James Gavin, which is a show about the great Lena Horne,and getting great reviews, her voice is made for jazz, so Mr Tyler you may want to rethinkthis and cast another Supreme, check Ms Wilson out on You tube singing here to life, and the Lena Horne Project......Peace

3 years 1 week ago

powerful's picture

powerful

I Love Ms Ross, but let's put another Supreme in the spot ligthMs Mary Wilson, This lady has been touring the word doing the The Lena Horne Project "Story Weather" by author James Gavin and getting great reviews, this woman can SING, So Mr Tyler you may want to rethink this over and recast another Supreme

3 years 1 week ago

Supremester's picture

Supremester

Great idea!

3 years 1 week ago

Strausd02's picture

Strausd02

Hey Perry, I wish she would do it as well. I think she would be a tremendous asset to such a venture. Every chance I get, in the chat rooms, I will ask her to please do it for you. Her fans want her to do another movie. It is long overdue man...She needs to utilize her acting ability..

3 years 1 week ago

rufuspaigel's picture

rufuspaigel

I would love to see Diana Ross do another movie. She is a great role model and displays such class. I hope she does come around and agrees to do another movie. I would love to see her get an oscar thats over due in my opinion. Bilie Hoilday and Mahogany are priceless movies.

3 years 1 week ago

Numberonefan46's picture

Numberonefan46

Diana is one hell of an actress and I do wish she would take a film role again...its been too long and we her fans need a movie and a new cd with new music......Diana ...please do it for your fans! I know the soundtrack would be a hiuge seller too cause no one sings jazz like Diana!

3 years 1 week ago

lortiz12's picture

lortiz12

I would love to see Ms.Ross on the big screen or on television again...she truly deserves to be seen by a younger audience. Who better to work with than Tyler Perry...this man is of the best quality Hollywood has to offer. I feel Diana might miss out if she didn't at least give it a chance. Tyler Perry and Ms.Ross...perfect combination!!!

3 years 1 week ago

derc's picture

derc

hoping and praying on this one!! I still watch "lady sings the Blues",to this day..e on Diana,in the name of love

3 years 1 week ago